” If anything can go wrong, it will.”
Some days in our house demonstrate this aphorism so well, I can’t help believe it’s true.
Today morning started (?) after a very wakeful night. What with the toddler waking and the putting him back to sleep.Then finding myself wide awake and hungry and munching an apple while the boys slept like rocks. And then my brain got greedy and I sat in bed reading on my phone. It must have been nine minutes of shut-eye when I heard the toddler say,”wake up now.”
1. Yawn and up. Up in a trance, I walked into the kitchen , tripped on the one step that leads me there. Tried to take the trash out and the bag tore obviously. After I picked up scraps and managed to keep the toddler from digging into refuse, this bad boy put on a passionate show of fury. I really wanted to go into hibernation.
2. I did the dishes and made lemon juice for Big bear and me. And I picked up my glass and put it into the sink. How did I miss the drinking?Is that even possible? I felt dumb.YAWN.I didn’t bother making more and no fresh lemon juice makes my mood awful.
42. The spinach I was going to cook into a gravy with cottage cheese proved to be non-existent. I really don’t know how its absence yawwwn got undetected while I did all the prep. Am I sleep deprived? You bet.
409. I managed breakfast and packed lunches. And found Mr. Bear having a cross morning too.
6. The monsoon has arrived here in Delhi. And it is mostly muggy and tropical (not the pineapple coconut kind) but the mosquito menace high humidity uncomfortable sort of. I am forever putting the clothes out and getting them in.’A sunshiny shower that doesn’t last half an hour’ but makes sure some or the other drain is clogged. And I spent some real quality time with the balcony drain today.
8. I have been meaning to do something educational with the big boy. Yesterday we found no pencils. And today the books went missing. That delighted the boy I am sure for he rolled his eyes in feigned surprise and muttered something under his breath. Not tomorrow young man.
5645. The toddler tantrums are reaching new heights. All my empty threats are bouncing back. Today I got to hear, ” Naughty mommy making ears hurt.”” yes me naughty yes” ” yes me cry” and from the seven-year old ,” I’ ll go away to the mountains and invent some new plane and will not let you see it.” I am ruining quite a few lives here. The guilt the guilt the guilt.
3. Mild yelling. I had to.
9. I have lost my
butter brain. My boys are spelling out everything they have to say. ” I am looking for w -a-t-e-r”” I am looking for d-g-t-p-k” ” h-e h-i-t m-e” . My thought is in the slowest motion possible.
10.I deserve some chocolate or some spiced crisps. There is none.
Maybe good sleep will resolve everything but the prospects of it are really bad. Maybe someday I ll come up with a post on how to override Murphy’s law. For now I am so clumsy I could be upside down and not know it.